NOTICE: This is a course for people who have some basic experience on the keyboard already, (if you can play basic chords so this is for you!) but who want to make their playing WAY smoother and more fun.
Are you a beginner piano / keyboard player – who was some knowledge in chords but still can’t “translate” it to fluently playing songs?
Does every song you play still feels like a lot of WORK instead of FUN and good music?
Here, you will learn how to play all of the songs that YOU love, in an EFFORTLESS way, that sounds way better than how you’re used to.
In this class I’ll share with you the several absolutely most powerful exercises to what I call “the most important ability of all when it comes to playing songs smoothly” – and this is the ability to quickly move between all the different CHORD INVERSIONS, and to completely control your right hand and your left hand in the context of playing songs.
I was stuck for a long time at the place where I couldn’t really make my way through a couple of chords fluently until I started using these exercises, and that’s where everything changed. I’ll be happy to share them with you as well!
When you have total control over at least the basic chords + all of their inversions, (later you’ll also start gaining control of the more complex chords)
- You can literally play not just a couple of tunes, but THOUSANDS of songs open up for you.
- Your song playing will be a lot more fluent for you and will seem like much less of a “work” – and instead more as “pure fun”.
- Also – moving between the inversions (instead of just the simple triads that start from the root) will enable you to “automatically” have excellent voice leading in the songs that you play – which simply means that everything will sound a lot more smooth and pleasant to the ears of the listeners.
I am a professional piano and guitar player and I still do these exercises every morning on the piano – that’s how effective they are – not only to gaining this skill, but also to keep always improving it with the more complex chords that you keep learning. So that means that you get exercises for life here!
Other things that we’ll work on:
- Memorizing all of the chord inversions that you’ll encounter.
- You’ll develop an independent left hand that can play complex bass lines with ease.
- A basic playing pattern to bring thousands of songs into life on your piano – which will open up the doorways for more playing patterns.
- Developing a much stronger neural connection to the weak fingers – fingers 4 & 5, that would then operate with a LOT more ease.
- Gaining the ability to spice up popular songs, “jazzify” or “funkify” them to make your covers a lot more interesting and unique.
Why should you listen to me?
Hey! My name is Alon and I am 28 years old. I have been teaching music, both online and face to face, to tens of thousands of students in the last six years – while traveling four different continents and jammin’ and performing with many different musicians. I am mainly a pianist, guitarist and harmonica player, and I also play other instruments including the flute, trumpet, bass and more. I am constantly looking for the best ways and shortcuts to teaching music effectively – and with FUN. The student feedbacks show that I do it very well. (:
My guitar blog, GuitarHippies-com, (founded in 2014) where I share my tips for playing music, has a monthly readership of over 100K people from over a 150 different countries and is one of the world’s top five most read guitar blogs*. I am also the founder of the Harmonica Jamz-com courses and blog that has been online since 2016 and has thousands of happy students here on Udemy.
Cheers, and I’m looking forward to seeing you inside,
*According to stats by SimilarWeb-com
- Beginning pianists / keyboardists who have some experience with songs and who want to be able to play songs SMOOTHLY and with ease.
- You do NOT need to know how to read music note sheets. Reading chord sheets is enough.